The other day I received my first shipment from the produce company Worthy Flavors. They ship from south Florida and since I live in central Florida I figured I’d get fresh produce quickly.
I chose the organic box and it is set up to ship bi-weekly. I was told my box would ship on a Tuesday and I got it on the following day.
I did not take immediate photos, but the pictures on this page are of products that came in the box. Mostly, I loved the items.
The box is filled and shipped according to what they want to send. I did not get to select anything.
This is a little bit fun. If you like surprises, and basically like all types of fruits and vegetables, you may love this. I am more pleased than not. I look forward to seeing the contents of my next shipment.
Here are photos of some of the things that came in the box. I got much more than this. See the list below.
What Came in My Organic Box
First delivery box contained the following – everything is organic:
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce – Unfortunately I do not eat this kind of lettuce. My son ate it.
- 1 head of Savoy cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 3 Roma tomatoes – one tomato is not good. They came unripe, which is good but one tomato is already rotting because it appears damaged.
- 4 Golden potatoes
- Cherries – DELICIOUS! Ate them so quickly I didn’t get a photo.
- Brussel sprouts – one of the few vegetables I really don’t like. Gave to my son.
- 1 red pepper – very good, ate immediately chopped on my pizza
- 3 oranges – one was beginning to rot – it had an obvious problem so don’t know why it was even packed.
- 3 pears – all look good
- Holiday Herb Medley, including sage, rosemary and thyme – smells wonderful and will freeze what I don’t use.
- 2 huge carrots – not on the list of ingredients that arrived with the box
- Big gorgeous head of cauliflower – also not listed
All in all I am pleased with the vegetables and fruit. The cauliflower is perfect. The cherries were wonderful. In fact most of the items were great.
The pros are that I will be eating things I normally don’t buy. Variety in the diet is good. Although I basically follow a Keto diet, I do eat potatoes occasionally. I will eat everything that arrived and nothing will go to waste.
The box comes packed with water bottles – I guess they began frozen – to keep everything cold. It is December and not exactly cold here in Florida but there was no ice in the bottles. This makes me wonder how a summer shipment would work. On the other hand, I don’t like all the water bottles because I don’t drink bottled water, but I understand the concept of replacing ice packages with recyclable bottles.
I love that they offer an organic box as I only buy organic vegetables. I love that everything in the box is recyclable.
On the down side, two items in my shipment were not edible. One tomato was damaged as well as an orange. If I were choosing vegetables at the store I would not have chosen those. Also, I may still have to go shopping for things that did not arrive and I usually eat.